This notice covers all B-beat.com websites, apps and services. That includes the B-beat.com site, all our international sites, the Backbeat mobile site, and all other BACKBEAT websites, apps, developer platforms and other products and services (collectively “BACKBEAT” or the “Services”).
Collection of Personal Information
We will ask you when we need information that identifies you individually or allows us to contact you directly (personal information). We may ask for personal information when you purchase a product, enter a contest, request a service, complete a survey, subscribe to news, or engage in some other activity on our site. In connection with these activities, we may collect two types of information: “personally identifiable” information (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you); or “non-personally identifiable” information (meaning it relates to you but can’t be used to specifically identify you i.e. anonymous data like your unique Backbeat username).
Please fully understand that your information belongs to you, not us – you should be able to control it, and you should know about, and be comfortable with, everything that we do with your information
We will be as clear and open as we can with you on what information we collect, why we collect it and how we use it, so you are informed and able to make decisions to control your information in the ways you’re comfortable with;
As long as we have your information, we will keep it up to date and protect it as if it was our own sensitive information, using appropriate security safeguards, having kept on top of an appropriately taken into account the latest industry standards and best practice.
When you visit our website, we collect standard information about your hardware and software such as your IP addresses, browser type, operating system, pages visited on our site, referring and exit pages, and the dates and times of the visits. This site visitation data is used to administer the site and provide general statistics regarding the use of B-beat.com. Site visitation data is never linked to your personal information, and we do not use it to identify you individually without your permission.
How do we collect information about you?
In any interaction you may have with Backbeat, we collect information in three possible ways:
When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”)
When you sign up for our site, or any time you visit B-beat.com, or purchase our products, or communicate with us, you may choose to voluntarily give us certain information. All this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it.
When you give us permission to obtain from other accounts
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain and collect information from your account with those other services. For example, social media is an important part of how Backbeat interacts with our customers. In using social media (e.g. Sharing page onto personal Facebook/ Twitter/ Instagram Page, Click Like button), you may give us permission to access your information in that social media channel or in other services. Or if you’re using Backbeat on your mobile site, you can also choose to provide us with location data. The information we obtain from those services does depend on your settings for that service or their privacy policies. So you should always regularly check what those are.
We collect about you is to look at every different point of interaction you may have with B-beat.com. These interaction points include the following:
- Browsing our site;
- Saving an item;
- Registering on Backbeat; We will directly collect:
- Logging into B-beat.com once registered;
- Making a purchase from B-beat.com (i.e. adding to bag, checking out and completing a purchase);
- Contacting Backbeat Customer Service, either about an order or for any other reason;
- your name;
- your email address;
- a password;
- your mobile phone number.
Having history of how you communicate with Backbeat, which we can then use to ensure that we deal with any further contacts appropriately.
- Using Backbeat social media channels;
- Clicking on Backbeat banners, hyperlinks or plugins on our/ other websites.
Use of Personal Information
We collect all of this information from you for a number of different purposes, which all of these purposes apply wherever Backbeat does business. These more fundamental purposes include the collective use of your information:
- To ensure that our site’s content is presented as effectively as possible.
- To set up, and manage your account, so you can place orders, so we can provide our products and services to you.
- To carry out polls, surveys, analysis and research on how our site is being used, customer views, what we could do better etc,
- To make Backbeat’s products and services better.
We are aware that it is Backbeat that you are trusting with your information, not some other company. But, to be able to carry out our business, we do need to work with a number of third parties who are experts in their particular fields. We are very careful who we share your information with, but it is important that you understand when that sharing takes place. The limited instances where we may share your information include:
- With our core service providers when required for our business to function.
- Each of the external companies we work with has been selected by us for their ability to provide what we need to our required specification, including their ability to handle sensitive data securely and appropriately. Each of these external companies has a contract with us, which clearly sets out our expectations and requirements in handling any of your information, and holds them fully responsible for meeting those expectations and requirements. On that basis and only on that basis, we may therefore disclose your personal information (including your personally identifiable information) to such third parties who need to be given specific tailored access to your information to facilitate our Services by performing key tasks on our behalf, and who are obligated to only use it in line with our instructions, and not to disclose or use it for other purposes.
- We share your information when we’re required to comply with a legal request.
- We share your information where we believe it’s reasonably necessary to protect Backbeat or our customers.
- We may share your information externally if we are considering a corporate transaction. We may sometime consider certain corporate transactions, such as a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding. At that moment, your personal data which we hold about our customers may be one of the transferred assets.
We will keep any and all information collected from you at this site strictly confidential and we will not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise share your personal information with third parties for their promotional use without your permission. We will use the personal information you give us to fulfill the services and provide the products you request from us. This may include sending information that you have requested, or contacting you about products and services that you have purchased. If you do not opt-out of communications from The B-Beat Co.,Ltd, we may send you marketing notices including promotions of our products and services.
We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
How long do we keep your information for?
In general we retain the information you provide either while your account is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide the Services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Service team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the Services to you.
Protecting your security
To protect any data you store on our servers, we regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, as well as carrying out penetration testing of our own on those systems to try to identify possible improvements. We also use a tier-one secured-access data center.
We will do our best to protect your personal data. Unfortunately, security cannot be guaranteed though. There are therefore a number of general things we would also recommend that you do. Please help keep your account safe by using a strong password that includes characters other than just letters. We will also encourage you not to use the same password across all or many of your online accounts. As emails, instant messaging, and similar means of communication are not encrypted, we also would recommend not communicating any confidential information through these means.
If you prefer not to receive cookies on our website, you can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies and refuse the cookie when your browser alerts you to its presence. You can also refuse all cookies by turning them off in your browser. You do not need to have cookies turned on to use any area of our website.
We may also use web beacons, clear gif technology, or action tags as mechanisms to collect aggregate site visitation data by tracking how users navigate to and through our website. We may also use this technology to track the delivery of HTML email messages. This data is collected exclusively for use in our marketing and research.
Links to Other Websites
We are always keen to hear from our customers. We are always grateful for any time you spend providing us with the knowledge we need to ensure our customers are completely satisfied. If you have any questions or feedback about this statement, or if you would like us to stop processing your information, please do not hesitate to contact a customer service of the Backbeat team, who will be delighted to answer any questions you may have. You can either contact customer care via the Backbeat Customer Service Mail:
Changes to this Statement
This page was last updated on 1 March 2016.
COPYRIGHT 2016, THE HACES CO., LTD, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED